6/23/13

Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival Boston + Cambridge June 28 – 30th!

For the last several years my friends, Julie Smith and Caroline Creaghead, and I have put on a small, silly, half-sincere/ half-parody comedy festival in Brooklyn. Last year we brought it to Seattle. This year we’re bringing it to Boston and Cambridge. We’re doing four shows (at The Wilbur and Sinclair): Pretty Good Friends (our super-fun former-weekly comedy show), Eugene’s Friend Ben’s Favorite Boston Comics (my friend Ben’s favorite comics!), One of Each (featuring comics of various ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations and religions!), and Wesley Stace’s Cabinet of Wonders (a music/ comedy/ literary variety show that I’ve done with Wes for many years in New York and on the road that’s now a live show on NPR). We’ll also probably have also lots of random silly things at the shows as well. More to come as we think of them/ do a small Kickstarter to pay for them (awkward party buses don’t pay for themselves). Here are the details of who is on what show, with more people being announced over the next few weeks, and some people not being announced until they are on stage:

Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival Boston + Cambridge Presents:

Fri, Jun 28
Wilbur Theater, Boston, MA
Pretty Good Friends with Eugene Mirman, Bobcat Goldthwait, Jon Benjamin, Kristen Schaal, Wyatt Cenac and special guest! Tickets $27.

Sat, Jun 29, 6pm doors
The Sinclair
Cambridge, MA
Eugene’s Friend Ben’s Favorite Boston Comics. These are my friend Ben Dryer’s favorite Boston comics (which include me!!!!) Hosted by Ben Dryer and featuring Eugene Mirman, Guitler Raphael, Lillian DeVane, Katie McCarthy, Larry Murphy and Ken Reid and more! Tickets $15.

Sat, Jun 29, 9:30pm doors
The Sinclair
Cambridge, MA
One Of Each! with Wyatt Cenac, Eugene Mirman, Claudia Cogan, Mehran Khaghani, Stephin Merritt and special guest! Tickets $20.

Sun, Jun 30
The Sinclair
Cambridge, MA
Wesley Stace’s Cabinet of Wonders featuring Wesley Stace (aka John Wesley Harding), Eugene Mirman, Tanya Donnelly, Steve Almond, Jenny Dee, Damon & Naomi, Bill Janovitz & Chris Colbourn (of Buffalo Tom), Bobcat Goldthwait and special guest! Tickets $20.

separator

Comments

1. Brian Gerard says:

Add me to the show… I juggle little people using only my eyelashes. wwww.bglewandowski.com

May 9th, 2013 at 8:28 pm (#)

2. Raishawn says:

Will there still be a fest in Brooklyn this year?

May 22nd, 2013 at 7:14 pm (#)

3. Eugene says:

Yes, there will still be a fest in Brooklyn in September. Starting to work on that soon.

May 29th, 2013 at 8:32 pm (#)

4. WickedWitoftheWest says:

Euge, Can you add me to your PALS AROUND THE WEB list please? I’m on a panel discussing Jewish comedy in August in Palo Alto at the JCC and will mention yer autumnal Mirmanfest I swear.
    hankrosenfeld.com

May 31st, 2013 at 9:04 pm (#)

5. Wyatt says:

Eugene, are you still selling the potion that will help me treat Latinos like I’ve been friends with them my whole life?

June 11th, 2013 at 11:00 pm (#)

6. Some miscellany | A Head Full of Wishes says:

[...] & Naomi played recently at the Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival on a bill with Tanya Donnelly and Bill Janowitz and Chris Colbourn of Buffalo Tom, amongst [...]

July 2nd, 2013 at 2:09 pm (#)

7. Seaton Smith hosts Night Train at Littlefield with John Mulaney, Eugene Mirman, More | 2bitmonkey says:

[...] – and understanding how comedy works. For this reason, he is a great host and organizes multiple annual festivals across the country, bringing together some of the best young voices in comedy. [The 6th annual Eugene Mirman Comedy [...]

August 20th, 2013 at 8:35 pm (#)

8. Afton Escalante says:

It is also essential that you inspect the property and hold until
    the time is right before you make your self visible to these folks when they buying real estate with no money subscribe.
    We want to buy a home for X amount of dollars, $100,
    buying real estate with no money 000 in cash
    at closing, making $5, 000 on the lease option fee.

March 3rd, 2014 at 8:35 am (#)

9. Angelita says:

Thanks for some othеr informative blog. Τhe plɑce ese may I am getting
    that type оf information written іn such a perfect wɑy?
    I’ve a project that I am simply now running on, and І’ve been at thе loоk out for sսch
    infօrmation.

September 21st, 2014 at 1:11 am (#)

10. Delphia says:

I like the helpful info you provide for your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your weblog and test again here regularly.
    I’m reasonably sure I wwill be informed lots of new stuff proper here!

Good luck for the following!

October 12th, 2014 at 12:31 pm (#)

11. Adelaide says:

Hello there, I discovered your bog viia Google even as searching for a comparable subject,
    your web site got hede up, it looks good. Ihave bookmarked
    it in my google bookmarks.
    Hi there, simply become aware of your blog thru Google, and found that it’s truly informative.

I am going too be careful for brussels. I’ll appreciate if you continue this
    in future. A lot of folks can be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

October 14th, 2014 at 7:02 am (#)