Video

Video

2/5/11

Moon — there it is.

I recently saw a video of Bill O’Reilly condescendingly respond to a viewer’s question about the moon and the tide. Though I can’t tell exactly what O’Reilly believes, I can tell that whoever disagrees with him is a desperate pinhead. The video is so smug and proud of it’s anti-intellectualism that it begs the question whether Bill O’Reilly is some sort of savant — eerily able to connect on an emotional level while covering up a crippling level of mental retardation. I’d like to say that it is not his belief in a higher-power that I find problematic, but the dismissive arrogance with which he willfully ignores information he should’ve learned in 9th grade Earth science or can be easily found on Wikipedia (admittedly crowd-sourced, but often accurate).

Two side notes: obviously, I think it would be terrible if a hostile alien race came to Earth. However, one of the only pluses would be if a photograph could be taken of Bill O’Reilly at that moment, just to finally see a chip in his cocksure worldview. Secondly, a fun way to watch his video is to pretend he’s a militant Jihadist, just sharing his thoughts about the moon. Below is Bill O’Reilly’s video:

Here is my parody of Bill O’Reilly’s moon video:

separator

Comments

1. Adam F. says:

Babam! Magic Man!

Classic.

February 5th, 2011 at 8:16 pm (#)

2. Bastian says:

Nicely done, sir. Nicely done.

(Who would have thought that Bill O’Reilly and ICP would have so much in common?)

February 5th, 2011 at 8:35 pm (#)

3. Tweets that mention Moon — there it is. | Eugene Mirman -- Topsy.com says:

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Scott McCloud, Señor Frio, Джастин Д. Рокстар, mcleanisms, traacey and others. traacey said: RT @EugeneMirman: Here's my parody of Bill O'Reilly's weird, arrogant "Where does he moon come from?" video: http://tiny.cc/yx90q [...]

February 5th, 2011 at 8:38 pm (#)

4. Sean says:

Science v. Bill O’Reilly. Pfft science has obviously never seen The Factor.

February 5th, 2011 at 9:05 pm (#)

5. ANEMONE says:

Spot on, Eugene.

February 6th, 2011 at 4:34 am (#)

6. joe says:

Bill is absolutely correct pinheads!

February 7th, 2011 at 8:34 am (#)

7. Aviv says:

I strongly disagree. Regular God was obviously made by Irregular God. C’mon.

February 7th, 2011 at 9:09 am (#)

8. MBH says:

Beautiful.

February 7th, 2011 at 1:50 pm (#)

9. Russ Rogers says:

I think the Video God helped you make this video, with the help of Regular God. Rock on.

February 7th, 2011 at 2:56 pm (#)

10. Tweets that mention Moon — there it is. | Eugene Mirman -- Topsy.com says:

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by CC Insider, ☆ maee maee ☆. ☆ maee maee ☆ said: http://bit.ly/idMhTF and this is why @eugenemirman is fabulous [...]

February 7th, 2011 at 4:52 pm (#)

11. Amanda Brumfield says:

Lovely. So is he asserting that there is more than one God? Like Rainbow God and Salmon God? Wouldn’t that contradict his own beliefs? Oh Bill how you befuddle me.

February 7th, 2011 at 6:27 pm (#)

12. Will says:

Regular god: Crapping out a new god every day. You can set your watch to it!

February 7th, 2011 at 8:54 pm (#)

13. Trigger says:

You forgot to bring up the fact that Mars and Venus clearly have no moons or sun, because only earth has those cuz godd made them for us especially FUCK ALL OTHER PLANETS IS BITCHES SUCK ON OUR SUNBAKED DICK

February 8th, 2011 at 12:49 am (#)

14. Bobby D. says:

“It takes more faith to not believe than it takes to believe.” Believe that! You are not a man of faith, Bill.

February 8th, 2011 at 2:02 am (#)

15. Bites: The Real Cheever, Jules Verne Google, Bad Reviews, Dead Rabbis Writing Letters and More | Vol. 1 Brooklyn says:

[...] Eugene Mirman does a pretty good Bill O’Reilly impersonation considering he looks and sounds nothing like him. [...]

February 8th, 2011 at 1:37 pm (#)

16. Posky says:

Eugene, come on. Look, you’re just desperate. How come Bill O’Riley seems so sure about this? Come on. Did he just make this all up? Come on. Where would that information come from? Come on. Is it just luck? Is it all made up? Come on.

Also, Trigger’s comment is my favorite so far.

February 8th, 2011 at 2:29 pm (#)

17. Arthur says:

I think that neither one of you know what your talking about.There are so many important issues to argue about.For Democrats,Bill O Riley is a jerk.I have been a Independant for thirty years,and have seen that more people have joined the movement for a reason. I like to watch Bill as well as the crazy s on CNN ( the left ). Sometimes both sides are nuts and sometimes one side lies better than the other.We have to sort out the bull from both sides.

February 8th, 2011 at 7:01 pm (#)

18. eugene says:

Arthur,

It’s hard to tell what you mean exactly when you say neither of us know what we’re talking about. Are you saying there is a Moon God or there is no Moon God?

Also, of course there are good points on the left and the right. I’m a centrist. Just because I make fun of Bill for his terrible video with it’s dismissive, poorly conceived points, doesn’t mean I don’t understand all the great things Teddy Roosevelt did for our country. Both sides lie all the time (quick, accurate example — if you ask John Edwards whether he is a wizard, he’ll deny it. But he is a wizard). Slam dunk!

February 8th, 2011 at 7:17 pm (#)

19. Susan says:

Yes, MSNBC is just as bad as FOX News. That’s why their viewers are just as stupi, uh, sorry — misinformed — as FOX viewers.

smh

Yes, more people have “joined the movement” of not paying enough attention. That’s why this country has shifted so far right it’s not even funny.

February 8th, 2011 at 8:37 pm (#)

20. Richard says:

Don’t you folks have anything better to talk about? So what. Bill O’Reilly believes in G-d. So do I. Intelligent design makes sense to me. Frankly, you are the ones who are condescending.

February 9th, 2011 at 1:25 pm (#)

21. Stan says:

Ah yes, the old “shut up, that’s why” argument. Well done!

February 9th, 2011 at 3:32 pm (#)

22. Brandon says:

richard, athiests aren’t plastered all over every media outlet.

March 6th, 2011 at 4:04 pm (#)

23. Jonah says:

Hey, I’m a Hampshire person who’s working on their first semester of DIV III and who’s laying the groundwork of likely doing a feature length stand-up special next Fall. Though I was a History/literature concentrator who still very much has ambitions in the page driven fields of those areas, I’m thinking very seriously that I could have something as a comic. Two good friends of mine, one now an employee of institutional advancement and the other still an undergrad seem to have made a habit out of running across your presence like a mystical beast . Anyhooo, if you’re still making semi-regular trips to the area in the time frame of next Fall/early Winter, perhaps by some long shot you’ll check my stuff out, should it come to fruition. Right now, I have some videro of a rough first stab at the mike, a little messy and under baked but packed with good stuff none the less (i use “like” under my breath a million times which is unlike me, badumdum). If there is some way I could send you a file of the bits, let me know, though snippets will probably be put of the Hampshire stand-up Facebook group and youtube page.

March 31st, 2011 at 9:25 pm (#)

24. darlington27 says:

I recently saw a video of Bill O

June 1st, 2011 at 5:32 am (#)

25. Cory says:

Hey Bill, if you were Henry Miller right now you would be dead… and we would all be better for it.

July 10th, 2011 at 9:18 pm (#)

26. Cory says:

Hey posky, if your comment were the first paragraph of a rick moody novel… not only would it be too short to be a paragraph but your overuse of the phrase come on would be too snooty for rick Moody. That would mean you stole rick’s identity and you would be thrown in prison where you would die. We wouldn’t burn your book rather we ban it to another dimension.
    .. a terrible dimension for that matter.

July 10th, 2011 at 9:58 pm (#)

27. Adam says:

Well played Eugene. When I watch and listen to (usually accidentally) the utter codswallop that comes out of the mouths of people like Bill O’Reilly I get annoyed and angry. If it were left up to me something unfortunate covert event would would befall Bill. Of course it would look like and accident, but every sane person would know different.

This is where you help me Eugene. You turn my anger into playful sadness for the likes of Mr O’Reilly. My Aaaarghs become Oh Dears and balance is restored.

Thanks,

July 29th, 2011 at 9:33 am (#)

28. Paula says:

Hi Eugene! You may (or may not) remember me as the girl who said hi to you outside after your Sunday night set at Bumbershoot this year. (I think I took you by surprise).

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I received a copy of The Will to Whatevs for my birthday yesterday and spent the whole day getting stoned and reading it in my backyard.

So thanks for the nice birthday.

October 10th, 2011 at 2:04 pm (#)

29. Allie says:

Bill O’Reilly just admitted that being religious you have less faith than one who is an atheist. Ye of little faith? I thought you needed that faith stuff to not go to Hell.
    BOY WAS I CONFUSED!

June 5th, 2012 at 8:55 pm (#)

30. tpsdjfmh says:

6q9jLu cuzufpgufytt, [url=http://xacskkgnyqio.com/]xacskkgnyqio[/url], [link=http://lwiyxqudtclr.com/]lwiyxqudtclr[/link], http://trdxcluxprwv.com/

September 20th, 2014 at 2:08 pm (#)

31. wrzovoiqbw says:

2ox8G2 deievnxdjkng, [url=http://vclaqdravsmj.com/]vclaqdravsmj[/url], [link=http://tnmjthpgnneq.com/]tnmjthpgnneq[/link], http://wqzsqxipfkac.com/

September 20th, 2014 at 6:25 pm (#)

32. zyvrsb says:

No4jsq lgwmyuntijyz, [url=http://afdgslbgjeva.com/]afdgslbgjeva[/url], [link=http://ahciwejztbpf.com/]ahciwejztbpf[/link], http://xrgwrvluwbde.com/

September 20th, 2014 at 8:50 pm (#)